Ask About Termite Treatment Cost in Houston
Contrary to popular belief, termites have a tendency to invade and infest your home when least expected. In fact, certain statistics claim that two out of three homes are damaged by termites in one way or another. So you can either fall prey to these insidious bugs or you call professionals to help you overcome this pressing problem by taking matters into your own hands before it’s too late.
If you’re thinking, “Oh no. We have termites. What do we do,” you shouldn’t worry because these evil bugs are quite manageable. But don’t ignore them because they possess the ability to severely damage you home if left unchecked.
To help you better understand your situation, we’d like to share some facts about these little buggers and tell you the benefits and reasons why hiring the family owned and run Allied Exterminators is your best bet at beating the problem before things get much worse.
Sound good? Ok, let’s learn a few things about termites below.
Everything You Need to Know About Termites
Do you believe your home is infested with termites? If so, we’ll provide a handy checklist below to help you better make this determination. For now, here are a few facts about these brutal bugs:
- They Cause Damage – These woodworms are no joke. Unfortunately, they can cause serious and severe damage to your home if left unchecked. These bugs are difficult to deal with because they eat wood. They possess special enzymes, bacteria and protozoa within their gut that makes it possible to fully digest cellulose, a fibrous material that can be found in plants and wood. It would take one termite 3144 years to completely eat its way through a 1000 square foot home. That’s the good news. The bad news is…
- Termites Do Not Live Alone – in fact, these “silent destroyers” are known for living in groups. So, if your home ends up becoming infested by a termite colony, you could end up with nearly 15,000,000 of these wood chomping critters devouring your gorgeous home. Since termites live roughly two years, this gives colonies ample time to cause serious destruction to property.
- Where Do Termites Focus Their Wrath? – It should be obvious, but in case it isn’t, these bugs are going to focus their destruction on areas of the home made of wood. But in particular, these ravenous insects tend to focus their wrath on wooden crawlspaces, wooden beams, slab foundations, or other wood structures.
Signs You Have Termites Checklist
Clearly, these insects are a potential problem that needs to be dealt with as soon as you see possible signs. And to help you make this determination, here’s a handy checklist to make it easier to determine if you have a real problem or not:
- Discarded Wings at the Entrances to Your Home – if you suddenly being seeing wings all of the same size discarded near the entry points of your home, this could be the first sign of a termite infestation. Do the wings look like small fish scales? The termites that swarm have wings, which they discard, so you’ll often notice them accumulating near doors and windowsills. Also, they tend to get caught in cobwebs, so look for them there too.
- Mud Tubes – if you are dealing with a subterranean termite infestation, it’s possible to discover mud tubes near the foundation of your home.
- Chipped and Cracked Paint – “white ants” that eat drywood are small and enter homes though windows, vents, near roof siding, and close to the foundation of a home. Cracked paint in these areas is often a sign of an infestation. Or it could be a sign of water damage. So contact a professional extermination control company in Houston to make the determination.
- Wood Damage – lastly and unsurprising to anyone, damage to the wood in your home is a sure sign of an invasion. Since these insects eat wood by starting on the inside, you can knock on the wood and if it’s hollow you are in trouble and need real assistance.
It should come as no surprise to anyone that an infestation of a serious magnitude will cause severe and expensive damage to your property. So if you have even the slightest inkling of an issue, you need to let Houston experts come for a free consultation to discover the extent of the problem and create solutions to save your home.
The Benefits of Hiring a Allied Exterminators as your Termite Control Company
You certainly have choices when dealing with termites. But you have to be careful in this situation. You could theoretically attempt to eliminate these insects on your own, but if you make one foolish misstep, your home could end up damaged beyond repair.
Or, you can let termite experts do what they do best, which is killing these hungry buggers before they literally eat you out of house and home. Some benefits to hiring the pros in Houston include the following:
- Professionals have a technological edge: yes it true. The experts at AlliedBugs.com is going to employ all of the latest, most effective technology to save your family home. Advancements take place all the time. True Houston experts like us stay on top of them and employ the best tech and tools to come up with satisfactory solutions to this pressing problem.
- Save money and time: you may be tempted by DIY “woodworm” treatment products. But truth be told, these options rarely work. So you’d be putting your home in the hands of a longshot at best. Meanwhile the infestation continues to devour your property because you were too cheap to spring for a professional. News flash… our team charges affordable prices and prevents further damage to your home, saving you time and especially money over the long run.
- We provide follow up visits: our services aren’t one and done. On the contrary, we absolutely follow up with all of our customers to check on the effectiveness of our efforts and to make sure these insects don’t keep coming back.
Are You Ready to Hire the Best that Houston has to Offer?
If you’re afraid you may have a infestation problem, you need serious help. Call our office as soon as possible and we’ll send over a trusted member of our crew for a free consultation.